The greatest pleasure of a dog is...
The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.
– Samuel Butler (18)
- Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to...
- A hen is only an egg’s way of making another egg. – Samuel Butler
- Why should not Conscience have a vacation. – Samuel Butler
- Prayers are to men as dolls are to children. – Samuel Butler
- Friendship is like money, easier made than kept. — Samuel Butler
- All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is...
- The truest characters of ignorance are vanity, and pride and arrogance. – Samuel Butler