I have been smoking for...
I have been smoking for 22 years. I am in my late 30′s to early 40′s. I took me 7 years to quit.
This is how I did it with no special expensive surgery or products. You can use this way and quit in 6 months or a month or a year, anyway you like.
I had a plan.
1. 7 years ago I stopped the habit of smoking the moment I woke up. I waited at least 4 hours then I smoked. (this helped create a dislike to smoke in the morning) and yes I had coffee still.
2. 5 Years ago I refused to smoke in my home. (this helped a lot kick the craving when I am home) If I wanted to smoke I went out side,.as time when on the days I was home all day I only smoked no more than 5 cigarettes the whole day.
Now I have been parking my car farther to walk to work and home. This helped pissing me off because I was huffing and puffing on the way.
3. I woke up on thanksgiving day 2 months ago and watched my kids playing (haven’t been able to do that in a while) I work 18 hours a day 5 days a week and 9 hours 1 day a week and 1 day off a week. I went to Costco and bought a bag of wintogreen certs and 2 packs of gum. I threw away my last pack of cigarettes. I love my kids I want to stay the longest I can with them.
Every time I want a cigarette I take a certs or a gum. It works! I hang around people that smoke, it doesn’t phase me. All I need now is to lose 65 lbs. I hope this helps someone quit. I can always smoke a cigarette anytime I want. I don’t want it anymore, and neither do you. (It’s all mental.) Stop being a quitter on life and push to live, you only get one life so no matter how wrong you did in the past its never too late to start now. Avoid becoming a memory to your loved ones anytime soon.
God Bless you all.
- I hate cigarettes and thank God I did quit! When I smoked I said.. "I always say NO to cigarettes..
- I agree with Todd and everyone else who knows what a true cowboy is. They work 24 hours a day, seven
- Like the time goes by, so will my love for you. But seconds are feeling like hours and hours feel li
- Smoking is bad, but you can die in a car wreck too. I can't stand all those sad stories from people
- Time is your life - your life is made of seconds, minutes, days, mouths, years. How you spend your t