The greatest compliment that was ever paid...
The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.
– Henry David Thoreau (34)
- The greatest art is to shape the quality of the day. – Henry David Thoreau
- Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow. –...
- It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see. – Henry David Thoreau
- In the long run men hit only what they aim at. — Henry David Thoreau
- What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates, his...
- Never look back unless you are planning to go that way. – Henry David Thoreau
- Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads. – Henry David Thoreau