A member of Parliament to Disraeli: ‘Sir,...
A member of Parliament to Disraeli: ‘Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease.’
That depends, Sir,’ said Disraeli, ‘whether I embrace your policies or your mistress.’
– Benjamin Disraeli (25)
- Mistress gets surprise gifts, Wife gets laundry. Mistress gets champagne and caviar, With wife, “Darling, we...
- Idleness and pride tax with a heavier hand than kings and parliaments. – Benjamin Franklin
- If you’re not very clever you should be conciliatory. – Benjamin Disraeli
- There is no education like adversity. – Benjamin Disraeli
- His Christianity was muscular – Benjamin Disraeli
- A canter is a cure for every evil. – Benjamin Disraeli
- How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. – Benjamin Disraeli