History is the version of past events...
History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.
– Napoleon Bonaparte
- History is a set of lies agreed upon. – Napoleon Bonaparte
- History is written by the winners. – Napoleon Bonaparte
- For feeling, not events, is to me the essence of history. – Christopher Pike
- What is history? The lie that everyone agrees on… – Voltaire
- A generation which ignores history has no past — and no future. – Robert A. Heinlein
- History is no more fixed and dead than the future. The past is no further...
- The history of empires is the history of human misery. – Edward Gibbon