Nothing resembles selfishness more closely than self-respect....
Nothing resembles selfishness more closely than self-respect.
– George Sand (20)
- Life resembles a novel more often than novels resemble life. – George Sand
- I was always taught to respect my elders and I’ve now reached the age when...
- Vanity is the quicksand of reason. – George Sand
- Admiration and familiarity are strangers. – George Sand
- Whoever has loved knows all that life contains of sorrow and joy. – George Sand
- The capacity of passion is both cruel and divine. – George Sand
- One changes from day to day, and… after a few years have passed one has...