Politeness is fictitious benevolence. – Samuel Johnson
- The true effect of genuine politeness seems to be rather ease than pleasure. – Samuel Johnson...
- Politeness has been well defined as benevolence in small things. – Thomas Babington Macaulay
- The truest politeness comes of sincerity. – Samuel Smiles
- Politeness costs little and yields much.
- Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you. Not because they are...
- Politeness, n. The most acceptable hypocrisy. ~ Ambrose Bierce
- Politeness is practical Christianity. – Orville Dewey