A writer needs three things, experience, observation,...
A writer needs three things, experience, observation, and imagination, any two of which, at times any one of which, can supply the lack of the others.
- William Faulkner
- Writing is one-third imagination, one-third experience, and one third observation. - William Faulkner
- Don’t be ‘a writer’. Be writing. - William Faulkner
- I never know what I think about something until I read what I’ve written on...
- In writing, you must kill all your darlings. - William Faulkner
- Everyone in the South has no time for reading because they are all too busy...