Is it better for a man to...
Is it better for a man to have chosen evil than to have good imposed upon him?
– Anthony Burgess (18)
- It is as inhuman to be totally good as it is to be totally evil. –...
- I must say that acting was good training for the political life that lay ahead...
- What I do I do because I like to do. – Anthony Burgess
- Life is, of course, terrible. – Anthony Burgess
- When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. – Anthony Burgess
- I see what is right and approve, but I do what is wrong. – Anthony Burgess
- We can destroy what we have written, but we cannot unwrite it. – Anthony Burgess