Never write anything that does not give...
Never write anything that does not give you great pleasure. Emotion is easily transferred from the writer to the reader.
– Joseph Joubert (35)
- The paper is patient, but the reader is not. – Joseph Joubert
- A writer is nothing without a reader; a reader is nothing without a writer. — Anthony...
- Pleasures are always children, pains always have wrinkles. – Joseph Joubert
- No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer,...
- Genius begins great works; labor alone finishes them. – Joseph Joubert
- Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s. – Stephen King
- Never cut what you can untie. – Joseph Joubert