A painter should begin every canvas with...
A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.
– Leonardo da Vinci
- Art is never finished, only abandoned. – Leonardo da Vinci
- Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is...
- That moment when I hold my breath when painting some detail, and everything around me...
- Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. – Pablo Picasso
- Nature is beautiful, art is even better.
- All art is an imitation of nature. – Seneca
- Great art picks up where nature ends. – Marc Chagall