When people do no respect us we...
When people do no respect us we are sharply offended; yet in his private heart no man much respects himself.
– Mark Twain (83)
- An occasional compliment is necessary to keep up one’s self- respect – Mark Twain
- Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else. – Mark Twain
- Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it. – Mark Twain
- Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. – Mark Twain
- Classic’ – a book which people praise and don’t read. – Mark Twain
- “I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the...
- Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow- mindedness, and many of our people need...