Search Results "compliment"
Get not your friends by bare compliments, but by giving them sensible tokens of your love.
An occasional compliment is necessary to keep up one’s self- respect
– Mark Twain
A compliment is like a kiss through a veil.
– Victor Hugo
Everybody likes a compliment.
– Abraham Lincoln
A compliment is verbal sunshine
– Robert Orben
I value compliments from girls more than from guys…I think they are more genuine.
It takes a million compliments to build you up, but one insult to send it all crashing down.
Compliment people. Magnify their strengths, not their weaknesses.
– Joyce Meyer
When someone compliments my hair: ‘Thanks! I grew it myself.
Too many people are living for compliments, instead of living for accomplishments.
– Ronald Oliver
Nothing is more effective than sincere, accurate praise, and nothing is more lame than a cookie-cutter compliment.
– Bill Walsh
There are many that will be jealous of your independence and your strength, but when someone compliments you on what a wonderful job you are doing, accept it with an open heart. You truly deserve all the appreciation, so take it with the best of smiles.
For example, saying thank you, or offering other words of appreciation, along with sincere compliments and other grateful or kind words are the best way to fortify relationships.
– Chris Johnston
You can receive all the compliments in the world, but that won’t do a thing unless you believe it yourself.
– Criss Jami
To make a man perfectly happy tell him he works too hard, that he spends too much money, that he is misunderstood or that he is different; none of this is necessarily complimentary, but it will flatter him infinitely more that merely telling him that he is brilliant, or noble, or wise, or good.
Nothing is so silly as the expression of a man who is being complimented.
– André Gide
Although a skillful flatterer is a most delightful companion if you have him all to yourself, his taste becomes very doubtful when he takes to complimenting other people.
– Charles Dickens
As soon as enough people give you enough compliments and you’re wielding more power than you’ve ever had in your life, it’s not that you become an arrogant little prick, or become rude to people… but you get a false sense of your own importance and what you’ve accomplished. You actually think you’ve altered the course of history.
– Leonardo DiCaprio
I am a shy person and I actually get embarrassed when people compliment me for my looks. But when I think about it later, I feel good. I don’t have any regrets in my life. I am happy with whatever God has given me be it personally or professionally. I get up early in the morning and do yoga to stay fit. I don’t go to gym and all.
Shouting from the rooftop is not my nature at all. I am known so much for understatement that when one of my contemporaries was talking about my acting, he said acting kahan karta hai. I feel that was the best compliment.
– Amol Palekar
What’s not important in life:
1. Number of likes you get on your facebook profile pictures.
2. Consulting an astrologer for your sh*tty life or serious health issues.
3. Being angry/ resentful towards someone for a long time over a petty issue.
4. Holding grudges.
6. The color of nail polish that might suit you.
7. Trying to figure out your past life.
8. Getting a brand new phone cover for your phone.
9. Getting into a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship.
10. Number of followers you get on instagram or twitter or whatever app.
11. Fighting with the ones you love/ care about.
12. Getting upset when no one compliments/appreciates you.
13. Gossiping about others. Especially badmouthing them.
14. Sending candy crush requests. (i’m gonna find you and kill you someday!).
15. Nitpicking others about they way they look/talk/behave.
16. The number of make up set you own.
17. Spending time on facebook.
18. Calculating the deeds done for a family member.