Search Results "compliment"
You can receive all the compliments in the world, but that won’t do a thing unless you believe it yourself.
– Criss Jami
To make a man perfectly happy tell him he works too hard, that he spends too much money, that he is misunderstood or that he is different; none of this is necessarily complimentary, but it will flatter him infinitely more that merely telling him that he is brilliant, or noble, or wise, or good.
Nothing is so silly as the expression of a man who is being complimented.
– André Gide
Although a skillful flatterer is a most delightful companion if you have him all to yourself, his taste becomes very doubtful when he takes to complimenting other people.
– Charles Dickens
As soon as enough people give you enough compliments and you’re wielding more power than you’ve ever had in your life, it’s not that you become an arrogant little prick, or become rude to people… but you get a false sense of your own importance and what you’ve accomplished. You actually think you’ve altered the course of history.
– Leonardo DiCaprio
I am a shy person and I actually get embarrassed when people compliment me for my looks. But when I think about it later, I feel good. I don’t have any regrets in my life. I am happy with whatever God has given me be it personally or professionally. I get up early in the morning and do yoga to stay fit. I don’t go to gym and all.
Shouting from the rooftop is not my nature at all. I am known so much for understatement that when one of my contemporaries was talking about my acting, he said acting kahan karta hai. I feel that was the best compliment.
– Amol Palekar
What’s not important in life:
1. Number of likes you get on your facebook profile pictures.
2. Consulting an astrologer for your sh*tty life or serious health issues.
3. Being angry/ resentful towards someone for a long time over a petty issue.
4. Holding grudges.
6. The color of nail polish that might suit you.
7. Trying to figure out your past life.
8. Getting a brand new phone cover for your phone.
9. Getting into a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship.
10. Number of followers you get on instagram or twitter or whatever app.
11. Fighting with the ones you love/ care about.
12. Getting upset when no one compliments/appreciates you.
13. Gossiping about others. Especially badmouthing them.
14. Sending candy crush requests. (i’m gonna find you and kill you someday!).
15. Nitpicking others about they way they look/talk/behave.
16. The number of make up set you own.
17. Spending time on facebook.
18. Calculating the deeds done for a family member.
You know you are getting old, when your friends and relatives compliment you on your new alligator shoes, and you aren’t wearing any!!!
Lying has a kind of respect and reverence with it. We pay a person the compliment of acknowledging his superiority whenever we lie to him.
– Samuel Butler
When nobody else celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It’s not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It’s up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside.
I hate when you offer someone a sincere compliment on their mustache and suddenly she’s not your friend anymore.
Rules for a Happy Marriage
1. Never both be angry at the same time.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate.
4. If you have to criticize, do it lovingly.
5. Never bring up mistakes of the past.
6. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
7. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
8. At least once everyday try to say one kind of complimentary thing to your life’ partner.
9. When you have done something wrong, be ready to admit it and ask for forgiveness.
10. It takes two to make a quarrel, and the one in the wrong is the one who does the most talking.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
– Leo F. Buscaglia
If they say you’re ugly, take it as a compliment. If they say you’re beautiful, take it as an insult.
Men enjoy listening to flattery, and are more likely to be nice to and do things for those who compliment them.
– Dr T.P.Chia
Opinions are neither required nor desired !! Live for your heart’s content not for others’ compliments.
Don’t keep looking at me unless you want to compliment me about my looks.
Don’t keep looking at me or you will trip up ahead.
Don’t keep looking at me cause I’m not interested in you, it’s just that I’m smiling thinking about myself.