Search Results "compliment"
Lying has a kind of respect and reverence with it. We pay a person the compliment of acknowledging his superiority whenever we lie to him.
– Samuel Butler
There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments.
– Chris Rock
When nobody else celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It’s not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It’s up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside.
I hate when you offer someone a sincere compliment on their mustache and suddenly she’s not your friend anymore.
Rules for a Happy Marriage
1. Never both be angry at the same time.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate.
4. If you have to criticize, do it lovingly.
5. Never bring up mistakes of the past.
6. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
7. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
8. At least once everyday try to say one kind of complimentary thing to your life’ partner.
9. When you have done something wrong, be ready to admit it and ask for forgiveness.
10. It takes two to make a quarrel, and the one in the wrong is the one who does the most talking.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
– Leo F. Buscaglia
I don’t insult people, I just compliment them negatively.
If they say you’re ugly, take it as a compliment. If they say you’re beautiful, take it as an insult.
Men enjoy listening to flattery, and are more likely to be nice to and do things for those who compliment them.
– Dr T.P.Chia
Opinions are neither required nor desired !! Live for your heart’s content not for others’ compliments.