Politeness is fictitious benevolence. – Samuel Johnson
- The true effect of genuine politeness seems to be rather ease than pleasure. –...
- Politeness has been well defined as benevolence in small things. – Thomas Babington Macaulay
- Knock the “t” off the “can’t.” – Samuel Johnson
- No man is a hypocrite in his pleasures. – Samuel Johnson
- The truest politeness comes of sincerity. – Samuel Smiles
- A man who exposes himself when he is intoxicated, has not the art...
- Round numbers are always false. – Samuel Johnson
- The true art of memory is the art of attention. – Samuel Johnson
- Grief is a species of idleness. – Samuel Johnson
- All wonder is the effect of novelty on ignorance. – Samuel Johnson