Sir, I did not count your glasses...
Sir, I did not count your glasses of wine, why should you number up my cups of tea?
– Samuel Johnson (33)
- This is one of the disadvantages of wine: it makes a man mistake...
- Round numbers are always false. – Samuel Johnson
- The vicious count their years; virtuous, their acts. – Samuel Johnson
- An Irish Blessing: Count your blessings instead of your crosses; Count your gains instead of...
- Knock the “t” off the “can’t.” – Samuel Johnson
- No man is a hypocrite in his pleasures. – Samuel Johnson
- A man who exposes himself when he is intoxicated, has not the art...
- The true art of memory is the art of attention. – Samuel Johnson
- Grief is a species of idleness. – Samuel Johnson
- All wonder is the effect of novelty on ignorance. – Samuel Johnson