Some books are to be tasted, others...
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested.
– Francis Bacon (24)
- A man must now swallow more belief than he can digest.
- Religion is a pill best swallowed without chewing.
- Flattery is like chewing gum. Enjoy it but don’t swallow it. – Hank Ketcham
- By far the best proof is experience. – Francis Bacon
- Wonder is the seed of knowledge. – Francis Bacon
- We cannot command Nature except by obeying her. – Francis Bacon
- To suffering there is a limit; to fearing, none. – Francis Bacon, Sr.
- Boldness is a child of ignorance – Francis Bacon Sr
- Science is but an image of the truth. – Francis Bacon
- Reading makes a man full. – Francis Bacon