The true effect of genuine politeness seems...
The true effect of genuine politeness seems to be rather ease than pleasure.
– Samuel Johnson (33)
- All wonder is the effect of novelty on ignorance. – Samuel Johnson
- Politeness is fictitious benevolence. – Samuel Johnson
- No man is a hypocrite in his pleasures. – Samuel Johnson
- What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. – Samuel Johnson
- The true art of memory is the art of attention. – Samuel Johnson
- The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can...
- True politeness is perfect ease and freedom. It simply consists in treating others...
- Knock the “t” off the “can’t.” – Samuel Johnson
- The truest politeness comes of sincerity. – Samuel Smiles
- A man who exposes himself when he is intoxicated, has not the art...