Wedding Quotes, Sayings about marriage
Marriage is the bond of not only two bodies but two souls.
Marriage must fight constantly against a monster which devours everything: routine.
– Honoré de Balzac
Someday, I’ll be writing my own wedding vow. Be walking on the aisle, and waking up with the greatest man I will have ever known.
If you think your marriage is perfect, you’re probably still at your reception.
I’d go to the end of the world for my husband. Of course, if he’d just stop and ask directions, I wouldn’t have to.
Being in a long marriage is a little bit like that nice cup of coffee every morning – I might have it every day, but I still enjoy it.
Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.
A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.
Marriage is a symbol between two great hearts.
It’s tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she won’t drink from my glass.
– Rodney Dangerfield
Soul-mates are people who bring out the best in you. They are not perfect but are always perfect for you.
A successful marriage requires this attitude. Marriage is not about expecting your partner to make you happy, it’s about making your partner happy.
She asked him, “What kind of wedding would you want?”
He replied, “The one that would make you my wife.”
Rules for a Happy Marriage
1. Never both be angry at the same time.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate.
4. If you have to criticize, do it lovingly.
5. Never bring up mistakes of the past.
6. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
7. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
8. At least once everyday try to say one kind of complimentary thing to your life’ partner.
9. When you have done something wrong, be ready to admit it and ask for forgiveness.
10. It takes two to make a quarrel, and the one in the wrong is the one who does the most talking.
A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.