Wedding Quotes, Sayings about marriage - Page 2
Every time I see you I want to marry you, then it hits me that we are married.
A couple were asked how they managed to stay together for 75 years.
And their reply was:
Because we were born in a time where if things were broken we would fix them not through them away.
May she share everything with her husband, including the housework.
May all your troubles be little ones.
I believe that marriage isn’t between a man and woman; but between love and love.
– Frank Ocean
Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple and as difficult as that.
– Michael Leunig
She knows all about me and loves me just the same.
Happy marriages begin when we marry the one we love, and they blossom when we love the one we married.
The more you invest in a marriage, the more valuable it becomes.
– Amy Grant
Once in a lifetime you meet someone who changes everything.
As you say your “I Do’s” and exchange vows, remember God is your witness. It is a promise made by two but made to the Holy one.
There are four pillars to a happy marriage: respect one another as individuals; (give) soft answers; (practice)financial honesty; (conduct) family prayer.
– Gordon B. Hinckley
A happy marriage is a long conversation that always seems too short.
Rules for a Happy Marriage
1. Never both be angry at the same time.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate.
4. If you have to criticize, do it lovingly.
5. Never bring up mistakes of the past.
6. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
7. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
8. At least once everyday try to say one kind of complimentary thing to your life’ partner.
9. When you have done something wrong, be ready to admit it and ask for forgiveness.
10. It takes two to make a quarrel, and the one in the wrong is the one who does the most talking.
Marriage – a book of which the first chapter is written in poetry and the remaining chapters written in prose.
– Beverly Nichols
The beauty of the day wasn’t measured by the layers on the cake or the fabric of her dress, but by the way he looked at her when she walked down the aisle.
You don’t marry someone you can live with – you marry the person who you cannot live without.
I thank God, for giving me the right partner.
To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.
– Ogden Nash
I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
– Rita Rudner
“Marriages are made in heaven. But so again, are thunder and lightning.”
Marriage is the agreement to let a family happen.
– Betty Jane Wylie
The couples that fight the most, are the ones who love each other the most. When they stop fighting, its because they stopped caring.
A life without a wife is like a kitchen without a knife.