Advice Quotes and Sayings

It is very difficult to live among people you love and hold back from offering them advice.
– Anne Tyler

Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it.
Publilius Syrus

Don’t follow any advice, no matter how good, until you feel as deeply in your spirit as you think in your mind that the counsel is wise.

There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.
– Gore Vidal

Friendship will not stand the strain of very much good advice for very long.
– Robert Lynd

Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that’s no reason not to give it.
– Agatha Christie

Good advice usually works best when preceded by a bad scare.
– Al Batt

Advertisements

Never tell your problems to anyone.
20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them.

I shall tell you a great secret my friend. Do not wait for the last judgement, it takes place every day.
Albert Camus

Don’t change yourself for any man. Being your true self was the reason why you were attracted to him in the first place.

Don’t try and teach that which you have yet to master yourself.

Submitted by: seth on May 26, 2011

If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.
Marcus Aurelius

Never show your emotion through tears & never show anger through words.

Submitted by: Genius on October 23, 2011

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t.
– Erica Jong

Don’t ever change just to impress someone. Change because it makes you a better person and leads you to a better future.

Advertisements

Don’t ever change for someone who is not willing to change anything about them for you.

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
George Washington

The most golden rule is – Do not ever ignore advice, whether you feel it is good or bad. Listening never harms any one. It is how you take it, apply it and use it that matters in the end.

Submitted by: Sarita Wariyer, Bengaluru,India on August 23, 2011

Distrust interested advice.
Aesop

When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it is a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.
Erma Bombeck

If someone tells you to never take advice from anyone should you take his?

Submitted by: anonymous on April 16, 2017

No matter what they say, don’t change who you are.

Giving you advice doesn’t mean that I’m smarter than you, I’ve just been through a lot of sh*t.

Submitted by: Patrick Insane on February 19, 2013

Be careful with your words, they can only be forgiven not forgotten.

Submitted by: Nathan on December 1, 2012

Write down the advice of him who loves you, though you like it not at present.

Advertisements

People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes.
– Abigail Van Buren

Stop caring what people think. Stop taking caution in your actions, listen to what you want, do what you want, this is your life. Live it.

Never lie in bed at night asking yourself questions you can’t answer.
Charles M. Schulz

Advice is like snow; the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into, the mind.
– Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Let other people advice but never let them decide for you.

Submitted by: Sachin Sinha on October 27, 2011

Submit A Quote




Copyright © 2006-2019 - All rights reserved. Home | Blog | Contact Us | FAQ | Privacy Policy | Submit A Quote